THIRUVANANTHAPURAM: The Pinarayi government has launched a major mission to tackle acute unemployment in the state by guaranteeing employment for 20 lakhs in five years. The Cabinet yesterday approved the project report prepared by the Kerala Knowledge Economy Mission of the Kerala Development and Innovation Strategy Council (K-DISC).
The aim is to provide employment for educated people as well as to make maximum use of human resources. For this, employers, job seekers and trainers will be coordinated. The project will start in January and will employ 10,000 people. Then there will be virtual career fairs. The project will be implemented in two phases at a cost of Rs 10,600 crore. It has a budget allowance of Rs 300 crore.
The government will work with Freelancer.com, the world’s largest independent marketplace network, and the Monster recruiting portal, to capture jobs around the world. Freelancer.com offers over 300,000 jobs from over 40,000 employers worldwide. In addition to job security, the government will also take responsibility for creating a community of qualified young people. Three committees will be set up for a radical reform in the field of higher education and research. Emphasis will be placed on educational training adapted to the needs of the industry. Specialized training will be provided to returning expatriates and teachers. Homework and local work will be encouraged. The monthly income target is at least Rs 30,000.
The way the job comes
- Training for those who register for the digital workforce management system. Liaise with employers.
- The goal is 12 lakh worldwide and 8 lakh locally.
- Rs 5,600 crore spent on creating a skills city, skills college and talent pool. Rs 2000 crore via KIIFB. The rest are international loans.
- Skills development campaign for 65 Lakh families via Kudumbasree. Training for 35 lakh people in 5 years.
- HR agencies, entrepreneurs and employment agents will be integrated into the digital workforce management system.
- Applications for overseas jobs will be accepted through overseas web portals.
- Kudumbasree and ASAP to find and train job seekers
Qualified unemployed people-40 lakhs
Women who lost their jobs-5 lakhs
Job exchange listings-16 lakhs